Different types of computers with thier functions,images and thier example .Computers are classified as four types micro ,mini , mainframe , super computer .Different types of computerswith their functions and images with example .Computers are classified as four types micro computers,mini computers, mainframe computers, super computers these are the different types of computers . Different types of computer and thier functions Different types of Computers and thier functions are Based on performance,size, cost and capacity ,the digital computers
- Different types of computer and thier functions
All Different types of computers with their functions and images with example .Computers are classified as four types micro computers,mini computers, mainframe computers, super computers these are the different types of computers .
Different types of computer and thier functions
The Different types of Computers and thier functions are Based on performance,size, cost and capacity ,the digital computers are classified into four different types:
- Micro computers
- Mini computers
- Mainframe computers
- Super computers
Micro computer is also called personal computer. It was introduced in 1970. The number of processors in a micro computer will be one or two processors. It contains input device, output devices, storage devices, memory and processor. It is used by one person at a time. Examples of personal computers are PC and Apple Macintosh.
The major type of personal computer are :
- Portable computers
- Desktop computers
- Hand held computer
This computers can easily fit on table or desktop, hence the name is desktop computer. These computers come in two models for casings. In desktop model ,the system unit is placed on the desktop or table. Monitors is placed on the system unit. Tower model, both monitors and Systems unit are placed on the table.
The Portable is a personal computer that can be carried from one place to other easily. Notebook computers and handheld computers are example of portable computers. Notebook computers is also called as laptop computer. Laptop computers are very small in size and can be placed easily on lap.
Hand held computer
Handheld computers are also known as portable . Handle computer is also known as Palmtop computer. It easily fits in the hand of the user.
Uses of Micro Computers:
The PC is the most common type of computer used in the office. It is now widely used in many homes. These are also used for business and engineering application.
Mini Computers with example
The Mini computers were introduced in 1960s . Then Mini computer is large and more powerful computer then personal computer it can execute 5 million instructions per second . It generally consist of two or more processors.
Mini computers can serve up to 4000 connected users simultaneously. It is normally access by the users via personal computer or terminal.
A device with a monitor connected with keyboard is called terminal. . It has no processing power and cannot work as stand-alone computer .
Examples of mini computer are :
- AS 400
Uses of Mini Computers:
Mini computers are often used by small and medium size of companies to provide centralized store of information.
Do you ever heard how to solve cloudflare errors
Mainframe computers with example
Mainframe computers were introduced in in 1975. A mainframe computer is very large computer in size. It is more powerful than micro computer. Then It consists of multiple processors. It is designed to pay for multiple tasks for multiple users at the same time. Mainframe computers can serve upto 50,000 uses at the same time.
The users access a mainframe computer through terminal or personal computer. A typical mainframe computers can execute 16 million instruction per second.
Example of mainframe computers are:
- DEC 10
Uses of Mainframe Computers:
Mainframe computers are used in a large companies or . For example, airlines use these computers for ticket reservation system. IBMs offerin z-series mainframe. The server dominated have presented it’s own challenges of cost, complexity and security. Indian companies are looking for a more responsible and dynamic environment and mainframe are increasingly being considered. This company machines are used by RBI ,HDFC,TCS,HCL,Wipro, NSDL are come of clients.
Clients face rising energy and cooling cost, limited floor space and manpower concerns required to man services . NSDRA-The computerized national identity card issuer in Pakistan-uses mainframe computers to maintain the information of population .
Do you know how to set up blogger
The Super computers were introduced in 1980s. Super computers is the fastest computer. Super computer is the biggest in size and the most expensive in price than any other computers.
Tata’s Eka super computer in Pune’s Computational Research Laboratories(URI) remains the fastest Indian super computer, it’s top performance of 132.8 teraflops remaining unchanged. However, shifting goal posts in high performance computing technology sees the Eka slip from number 18 to number 16 in the list.
The government-run Centre For Development of Advance Computing (C-DAC)also headquartered in Pune,sees its Param Figure 1.30 . Then Super computers Yuva machine at no.137 in the latest ratings announcer November 17. Its speed is in fact a bit faster than before 38.1teraflops , but rank is now 137, down from 109 in June.
Super computer is the most sophisticated, complex and advance computer . It has a very large storage capacity. It can process trillions of instruction in one second . Super computer is the fastest and most powerful computer of a time . Super computers are very expensive. Then Super computers are used for highly calculation intensive tasks. Super computers are used for specialized applications that requires immense amounts of mathematical calculations. Super computer are designed primarily by computer scientist Seymour Cray at Control Data Corporation (CDC).
Uses of Super Computers:
- Weather forecasting
- Animated graphics like (Hollywood movies)
- Fluid dynamic calculations
- Nuclear energy research
- Space science
- Weapons and missiles design
- Petroleum exploration etc
Today, super computer art produced by traditional companies such as Cray ,IBM and Hewlett Packard ,who had purchased many of the 1990s companies to gain their experience, since October 2010 ,the Tianche-1A Super computer has been the fastest in the world;it is located in China. These are the Different types of Computers and thier functions.
Examples of Super Computers:
CRAY-XP ,ETA-10 and Deep Blue and above all today’s number one super computer is Tianche-1A super computer in China.
Aircraft companies use super computer to simulate aircraft and check it’s performance. Computers differ based on their data processing abilities . They are classified according to purpose, data handling and functionality. Different types of Computers and thier functions explained above .
Read our other articles :
Uses of computers:
Based on Different types of Computers and thier functions .
- Schools and colleges: Computers are implemented in the schools for the creation of school ID card, (some schools have smart card with the IC’ s embedded) which contains the details of the student.
The creation of marks card, attendance, learning the subject with audio and video and fees collection so on are the few examples.
- Banks : The computers are used in the creation of account in the bank, transactions, transfer of funds, alert messages, transaction messages, used of banking with ATM (Automatic Teller Machine)card which can be accessed any part of the globe, Online banking etc.
- Office: Used in documentation of the transactions, events that are carried out every day along with the money, funds transactions, payroll for all the events either in the form of letters or specific application software are used, payroll for employee, audit etc.,
- Stock control in business firms: Computers are used in the shops and business for the stock account of the movements of the items in business and the money transactions along with the shipping of the items with the quantity price and quality expiry date ,the tracing of the product at any given point of time etc.,
- Stock Exchange: To check the stock exchange globally, transaction of sell and buying of the stock can be done with the help of computers, stock exchange members carry out the transactions only with the help of computers, and online trading is carried through out the world, sitting at one place.
- Research and developments : As new invention taksplace they are designed and implemented with the animated virtual viewed with scientific and mathematical equations in the labs, with the help of computers and . models are implemented in the real world which saves time, resource, money etc.,
- Entertainment and News :As audio and video are created in the studio after the pictures is taken the editor process is carried out simultaneously. NEWS are telecasted live and immediately.
Different types of Computers and thier functions are explained and example are given . Uses of mainframe computers and super computers and mini computers and micro computers are given .
The fastest Indian super computer is explained and the fastest computer in the world also explained . Images are given for most the images. Thanks for reading Different types of Computers and thier functions article .